EIVA has recently increased its focus on providing customers a local point of contact due to growing international activities. Last week, the Danish offshore specialist announced that the Brazilian company MACSEA had joined the worldwide network of EIVA representatives.
This week, EIVA signed yet another representative agreement, this time with the Italian company Marine ONE.
Marine ONE will be the first company in Italy to hold the title as authorised EIVA representative. Marine ONE is headed by Dr Aldo Monaca, who has many years’ experience in the surveying discipline, and who is pleased to announce the new agreement:
“We are very happy to become EIVA representative in Italy and will strive to also become training partner in Italy and the surrounding countries such as Malta. Marine ONE sees this partnership as a great opportunity and looks forward to growing the sales of EIVA hardware, software, including system solutions, in the Italian market in the years to come,” said Dr Aldo Monaca, CEO of Marine ONE.
‘Marine ONE has demonstrated great interest and capability in representing EIVA, and, with its high level of enthusiasm, we are confident that Marine ONE can attend to EIVA’s interest and meet our growth ambitions,’ said Jakob Møller Nielsen.
EIVA Day Italy 2015 to be the first joint activity
The new agreement kicks off with an EIVA Day Italy taking place next week in Sicily on 27 October at the Nautical College of Catania (Istituto Tecnico Nautico Statale Duca degli Abruzzi), at which both EIVA and Marine ONE will be present. The event offers offshore professionals a chance to learn more about EIVA’s solutions and services and how the company in cooperation with Marine ONE can contribute to ensuring more efficient offshore operations both time- and cost-wise.
“We believe there is great potential in the Italian market, not least due to the many oil and gas activities expected in the future. The many people who have already signed up for the EIVA Day Italy testify to this, and we look forward to exploring the opportunities in the country further together with Marine ONE,” said EIVA Sales Director Jakob Møller Nielsen.
First EIVA training course on Navisuite Nardoa processing in Italy, from an EIVA Italian representative company, 30 Nov. to 4 Dec. in Catania.
More info contact the Technical Director Mr Angelo Vecchio firstname.lastname@example.org Expire date inscriptions 14 Nov. 2015
30 November – 4 December, 2015
Via Messina 626/628 Catania, Italy
Day 1: NaviEdit, day 2-4: NaviModel/NaviPlot, day 5: NaviModel/NaviEdit with focus on pipeline and cable inspection.
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite processing and reporting software solutions and make them confident in carrying out data processing in general as well as post-processing of pipeline and cable inspection data. To enhance trainee competence and confidence, a wide range of typical pipeline-based hydrographic survey data sets, acquired using the EIVA NaviSuite navigation and acquisition software solutions, is used to exemplify post-processing scenarios of typical pipeline inspection data. The majority of the course subjects are supplemented by hands-on training.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions
- Understand the basic architecture of NaviEdit, NaviModel and NaviPlot
- Conduct editing of multi-beam and single beam echo sounder data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel/NaviEdit
- Use the S-CAN automatic cleaning tool
- Use the various DTM tools in NaviModel
- Conduct volume and area calculations in NaviModel
- Use video integration in NaviModel
- Use the pipeline inspection tools in NaviModel
- Use eventing in NaviModel
- Export data from NaviModel using user-configurable as well as built-in tools
- Create simple plots in NaviPlot
- Create alignment sheets in NaviPlot using the Chart Layout Manager
The course is aimed towards Surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions is required. As the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions operate in Windows Pro, trainees must have a basic knowledge of Windows. The training
course is conducted in English
The duration of the course is five days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks
An EIVA NaviSuite Training Certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course
As part of the course each participant will receive a free 30 day practice softcode which gives full access to the EIVA NaviSuite as well as a 12 month free subscription to the EIVA eLearning program counting from the month the training course takes place
Lunch, beverages and coffee/tea is included in the courses fee
Please bring your own laptop/pc to the course
Minimum software and hardware requirements for training purposes are as follows:
- Operating system: preferably Win 7 Professional – but home edition can be used. Windows 8 is also possible, but installation is more tricky, and we recommend that the instructions on using win8 has been checked. For Processing software, we recommend 64 bits as this ensures the full utilization of the software.
- Use of Win7: http://download.eiva.com/online-training/Eiva_Software_with_Windows_7.pdf
- Use of Win8: http://download.eiva.com/online-training/Eiva_Software_with_Windows_8.pdf
- 4GB RAM
- Graphics board with OpenGL version 1.5 or higher: 1 GB RAM
- Free HDD space: 25 GB
For further information, please contact email@example.com